Tue, 05 Nov
- Tue, 01 Dec
South Bank Neighbourhood - £73pp
Discover London’s beer history with a local artist, and enjoy a few cold ones along the way.
On this local beer and art tour of the South Bank neighbourhood, your artist guide will illuminate the myriad ways that beauty is in the art of the beer-holder.
- Your guide will meet you in the lobby of the Bankside Hotel.
- Begin your walk over a chat about why artists and tipples have always seemed to go hand in hand.
- Pop into the Tate Modern’s collection 'Materials and Objects' to enjoy the way artists have influenced the design of everyday objects, including beer bottles and cans.
- Feeling thirsty? Grab a beer from the current local brewery take-over at Tate Modern Terrace Bar (price of beer not included).
- Take a stroll along the riverfront to Sutton Walk and discuss the neighborhood’s meteoric rise as a centre of modern art in all forms.
- Learn about the history of brewing in Southbank and how many of the 19th century breweries came to be replaced by performance complexes like Southbank Centre.
- Enjoy a cold beer and a chat with your artist guide at Art Yard Bar in the Bankside Hotel.