Mon, 04 Nov
- Wed, 30 Sep
South Bank Area and Art Yard Bankside - £78pp
Walk Bank Side London with a prominent local artist to see the city, captured and retold through a creative lens.
Have you ever looked at a piece of art and wondered what it must be like to see a city as an artist does? This tour will take you on a journey into the minds of artists present and past — helping you live, breathe and feel London’s streets, landmarks and culture — to understand what affects the way they see and ultimately depict the city that inspires their practice.
- Meet your artist guide in the lobby of the Bankside Hotel.
- Visit the Tate Modern and be awed by Turbine Hall.
- Cross Millennium Bridge, fondly called Wobbly Bridge by locals.
- Visit the National Theatre and decide for yourself if the brutalist architecture is a treasured time capsule to preserve or an eye sore to the SE1 skyline.
- Learn the complex history of Undercroft Skatepark and the celebrities who got involved in the coalition to protect the park from developers.
- Visit the Maker in Residence studio at the Bankside hotel.
- Enjoy a cocktail from Art Yard Bar & Restaurant on the Bankside Hotel terrace.